Last Straw. Camel's Back. Etc.

Greg Sheard g.m.sheard at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 10:02:49 BST 2009

Dave Cross wrote:

> Having spent 45 minutes failing to get through to Demon's tech support
> people last night I've finally come to the realisation that they aren't
> still the company that I signed up with fifteen years ago and that I
> should probably be looking elsewhere for my internet connection. I'll be
> calling them later this morning to get a MAC.
>
> But I need somewhere else to go. I'm thinking probably Be, but I'm open
> to suggestions of other suppliers. Does anyone want to share horror
> stories or recommendations?

The 4-hour outage last night sucked, but I suspect it probably would
have sucked worse if I didn't have their status line saved on my phone.

In fairness to them, they did give regular updates on the status - even
though that summarised as "it's broken, we don't know why" followed by
"it's still broken, we've asked someone else to fix it".

--
Greg