Last Straw. Camel's Back. Etc.

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Oct 1 11:00:53 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:54:55AM +0100, Bob MacCallum wrote:

>(albeit a canned one: "we don't block ports because that would be bad
>for business" - traffic shaping is another thing, I assume.)

As far as I know, no ISP admits to traffic-shaping.

(Demon was working for me, but when I moved house last year they
couldn't cope with the idea of "I'd like to keep the same IP addresses
at the new location" - even though it was a "business" account - so
they'd effectively removed any incentive for staying with them.)