Last Straw. Camel's Back. Etc.

Damon Allen Davison allolex at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:32:46 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Denny <2009 at denny.me> wrote:

> I have in the past had Virgin Media's '20Mb' cable service at this
> address - it never managed >2Mb in the evenings, and often dropped below
> 1Mb.  Apparently their contention ratios are rather high.  Avoid.

If the technology has the same drawbacks as ten years ago when I worked for
a cable ISP, there is no good way for controlling contention on cable
connections. They can cap bandwidth at the ROC, but the pipeline up until
that point is subject to the law of the jungle. Nice in the countryside, not
so nice in a city.

-d.

--
Damon Allen Davison