Broadband (probably again...)

Denny 2010 at denny.me
Fri Apr 2 12:04:50 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 11:39 +0100, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2010, at 11:27, Mike Whitaker wrote:
> >> I'm in a flat in Wandsworth. I'd like a fat and relatively unmetered broadband package. Who are we liking at the moment?
> >
> > If you're not working from home much, A&A (aaisp.net), possibly their service via BE rather than BT if you want speed).
>
> Thanks! Why's it a bad choice if I'm working from home?

A&A is capped in the weekdays, unlimited evenings and weekends iirc.
Although when I was with them some years ago, they had a corresponding
lack of support outside of office hours, so a Friday daytime line
failure meant I wasn't back online until Monday evening.

Other than that their service was excellent, if slightly pricey.

I'm currently with Be, who are pretty solid and don't seem to vary in
speed day or night (unlike Virgin Media cable here which used to drop to
about 1/20th speed in the evenings and at weekends).  I'm not a
file-sharer so not sure about caps, but I think I've read that Be are
fairly reasonable about that kind of thing.