Broadband (probably again...)

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at black-earth.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 12:05:34 BST 2010

On 02/04/2010 11:39:41, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2010, at 11:27, Mike Whitaker wrote:
>>> I'm in a flat in Wandsworth. I'd like a fat and relatively
>>> unmetered broadband package. Who are we liking at the moment?
>>
>> If you're not working from home much, A&A (aaisp.net), possibly
>> their service via BE rather than BT if you want speed).
>

> Thanks! Why's it a bad choice if I'm working from home?

Their bandwidth charges are much cheaper outside normal daytime hours.
They price in terms of bandwidth Units: 1 Unit is 2GB monthly download
during the day or 100GB monthly download on evenings or weekends.
(assuming a BT 21C line: http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband-units.html)  You
buy at least 2 pre-paid units per month per site, up to as many as you want.

A&A are penguin and daemon friendly, give you a static IPv4 allocation
(and as many IPv6 addresses as you can eat), are happy for you to run
your own servers from a residential broadband line, plus their support
are generally clueful.  I've been a happy customer for years.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.              7 Priory Courtyard, Flat 3
Black Earth Consulting                       Ramsgate