We get a dev-room at Fosdem after all. Emergency Call for Papers!

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Sat Jan 26 12:13:21 GMT 2013

And the reason why we are not mentioned yet on the page of Fosdem is
because our dev-room is only semi-official yet.
Fosdem decided not to give us a dev-room, and give "our regular
dev-room" to a friendly/competing programming language.
Another friendly/competing programming language could not fill their dev-room.
We heard about that 3 days ago.  We immediately decided to try to get
that room.  Fosdem agreed the next day, 2 days ago.
We immediately started setting up texts, contacting people, sending
out invitations.
Tmorrow, Sunday, Fosdem has a deadline for their printed booklets
with the schedules of the presentations in the dev-rooms.
They half and half don't expect  us to succeed in filling our room,
so that's why we are not yet on the site.
And I  f**king don't want to see this fail, because Perl is better than that.
Imagine how we can proof the world that Perl is very much alive.

Sorry for the language.
Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,
Wendy van Dijk