Why I give up my talk in YAPC

drforr@pobox.com drforr at pobox.com
Wed Jul 3 18:21:38 BST 2013

On 2013-07-03 19:05, Denny wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 12:46 -0400, Mark Fowler wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 3 July 2013 at 11:10, Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani
>> wrote:
>>> in #perl at freenode
>>
>> freenode is…well, freenode.  Most people on this list would not
>> consider
>> it the 'home' of Perl on irc.

irc.perl.org #perl-help is actually recommended for those people
looking for help with programming, due to hysterical raisins. When EFnet
#perl split onto its own network (called MAGnet at the time) we retained
the original #perl name and made it a social channel, keeping the name
made it more convenient, and of course at the time we didn't think it
would grow much beyond the extant community.