[ANNOUNCE] Damian Conway Speaking at London.pm: Monday, 10th March

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri Mar 7 15:27:26 GMT 2014

On 03/07/2014 03:57 AM, Damian Conway wrote:
>> how did you convince or blackmail damian to be in oslo in march?!
>> about 10 years ago i produced his training in boston in february and
>> he was frozen to icicles
>
> The explanation is pretty straight-forward:
>
>      Average temperature in Oslo in March: +4 Celsius
>      Average temperature in Boston in January: +4 Kelvin
>
> And I think it simply *felt* much colder in Boston.
> After the nitrogen in the air had liquified.

better that than the 110F you were getting in your current summer.
tennis players dropping like flies and major wildfires.

and we like our liquid nitrogen. lotsa fun to play with. ever have a
marshmallow quick frozen in it? i had one at the pittsburgh science
museum at one of the first 2 yapc's (went with a small group of
perlers). the marshmallow was crunchy! it wasn't too cold as the demo
person let them warm up a touch. you chewed on it and it melted and
stayed crunchy, a most interesting and very memorable experience.

uri, who is looking forward to this spring after a very cold winter

--
Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers