Pimm's heated?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Dec 26 17:05:02 GMT 2005

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 09:10:40PM -0800, John Costello wrote:

> Someone[1] mentioned a pub serving Pimm's heated, in regards to one of the
> December meetings I believe.  Could you elaborate on what goes into a
> heated Pimm's (not lemon-lime spritzer, but probably a slice of lemon)?
> Guests are arriving in a couple of days and I want to offer them warm
> drinks that they have not tried.

What they do at the windmill is take a goblet, a large dose of Pimms - I
think it's the no 3, the one that's based on brandy - top up with apple
juice, heat with steam from the coffee machine, and serve with a
cinnamon stick.

I'd be tempted to try with a little ginger too, and perhaps a slice of
orange.

What is the difference between hearing aliens through the
fillings in your teeth and hearing Jesus in your heart?