Pimm's heated?

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Mon Dec 26 20:19:47 GMT 2005

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 09:10:40PM -0800, John Costello wrote:
>
> > Someone[1] mentioned a pub serving Pimm's heated, in regards to one of the
> > December meetings I believe.  Could you elaborate on what goes into a
> > heated Pimm's (not lemon-lime spritzer, but probably a slice of lemon)?
> > Guests are arriving in a couple of days and I want to offer them warm
> > drinks that they have not tried.
>
> What they do at the windmill is take a goblet, a large dose of Pimms - I
> think it's the no 3, the one that's based on brandy - top up with apple
> juice, heat with steam from the coffee machine, and serve with a
> cinnamon stick.
>
> I'd be tempted to try with a little ginger too, and perhaps a slice of
> orange.

I will have to see if I can find the No. 3.  Currently, I have most of a
bottle of Pimm's No. 1.  Thanks for the tips on apple juice (I have a good
amount of cider that should fit the purpose) heating maximums (my brewer's
thermometer should work nicely).

-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back."--Unknown