london.pm.org web site - facelifted (v2)

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Dec 14 21:20:05 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 09:17:12PM +0000, Dominic Thoreau wrote:

> On ultra-portable netbooks (like my Eee) and on mobile phones, this
> sort of approach can make navigation impossible.
>
> If you could guarantee that full-blown machines would be all  that was
> ever used, maybe. But this is simply not true. Plus the dot pitch is
> different, which can really screw up some layouts.

Also there's this weird assumption some designers have that browsers
will fill the whole screen.  This is, of course, a silly assumption.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

  On the bright side, if sendmail is tied up routing spam and pointless
  uknot posts, it's not waving its arse around saying "root me!"
      -- Peter Corlett, in uknot